Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I have a dream...



I have struggled writing today’s post. I am passionate about this subject though, but writing is making it true. I haven’t realized yet what is happening to us. I need to document it though, to remember and to be able to smile, in some time, when reading about our struggles.

On January, 26th, I’ll join the North American branch of the company I work for. I’ll be based in Atlanta. My job description stays pretty much similar, but everything else is about to change: colleagues, language, culture, life style, my husband’s career…

As of today, I have fulfilled at least two very detailed forms, had the chance to take pretty pictures of myself and the hubby and visited the American Embassy in Paris. This process enabled us to get granted our L1 / L2 visas without major difficulty.


This week, we need to settle on which company will move our belongings by boat. We have put on the market cars and electronics. We still have so many cartons to prepare before we leave for Atlanta early December to find a place to leave.

We dreamt of this big change. It is now time to jump into this new life, feeling happy, sad, scared, frustrated, all at the same time…

No comments:

Post a Comment